Ramblings of an Incomplete Idiot

Welcome to another week of the Green Light Revolution and the introduction of another authoress. Here are the basics: Hi ladies, my name is Cathy Kaminski, I’m 25 years old, I live in Chicago, IL, and I’m single. On paper that’s what the world would categorize me as…I prefer to define myself as daughter of the King. Even though I am in 25, I do live in Chicago, and I am single, the most defining aspect of my life is the fact that Jesus died for me and traded His righteousness for my rags. And I have a LOT of rags….in fact I still seem to try to collect them…but daily, I also try to remember truth: “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 18All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.” (2 Corinthians 5:17-19 NIV)

When all else falls away, when I stumble (again) and fall (again), one truth remains: I am in Christ.
That truth is not an excuse to sin, but to remember the blessings I have received. I am in the process of reconciliation and I have the blessing of sharing that reconciliation with the whole world. So that not only my life is transformed, but all lives.

Lately I have been in a funk…I feel broken…I feel incomplete. I’m realizing that although I have been walking with Jesus for almost 8 years…I still need to come to Him with everything. Loving Jesus, living as a Christian, it doesn’t just hit this certain point and we have it all figured out. We are not the authors of our own salvation. I am not the author of my own salvation. I need Christ. Fact. And I must remember this truth as well: “being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 1:6)

I am a work in progress. I am confident of this very thing, that Jesus will complete the good work that has been started in me. I need to remember that currently I am just an idiot praying for more wisdom each day, (James 1:5), an incomplete idiot, who just seems to ramble as a mechanism for figuring out this journey I’m on. So thanks for partaking with me. Thanks for reading. This has been installment 1 of: Ramblings of an Incomplete Idiot.

GOING GREEN!
Cathy

1 Response to "Ramblings of an Incomplete Idiot"

  1. Amie Says:

    Those are the same truths that carry me through the funks... and they are inevitable. I'm so thankful for His faithfulness to us.

    So wanna know something neato, sis of mine? I've been walking with Jesus for about eight years too. August was the start of year nine. And I definitely don't got it all figured out! hah... if anything, I realize how much more I don't know.

    Thank you. Looking forward to installment 2.

Post a Comment