My girl, part three

"...It's for you that I pray with hope for a brighter day ,and so I say, your deliverance is coming.."
If you read on a few verses in Hosea, it then says "Therefore I am going to allure her; I will lead her to the desert and speak tenderly to her" (v14). I am so thankful that God has been so relentless in pursuing me despite me pursuing other things. Yet when He has my attention again, He doesn't let me have it or show me how I messed up; instead, He speaks tenderly. In that tenderness, new strength and hope has risen up in me. I can honestly say that the more I learn this and grow in this truth, my outlook on life and future is less based on fear and "what-ifs" but more in the assurance that I am loved so, so well.


"..a crown of thorns was placed to erase, each tear that's touched your face,
And his palms and sides were pierced with spears, He hung in love just to draw you near.. My girl, out of this whole world, can't you see this is where we started?"
It all comes back to the cross. When I think about the cross, I cannot deny the love of God towards me. In viewing the cross, everything else begins to pale in comparison. I see that they don't promise me love, yet the cross is perfect proof of it. As women, we want to know all things will be made right; the cross promises that will be the case. In Revelation 21: 4-5 (NIV), it says; "HE will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or dying or crying or pain..He who was seated on the throne said, " I am making everything new!'" Our God is so so loving towards us; He treasures the woman's heart, and knows exactly how to love us, despite any claims from the world that they know what will make us happy. When I stop to think about it, I'm amazed at just how WELL Jesus knows how to love me--what to say and do to woo me. It's because He was there when it all started. God made us and knows us, and He showed just how deeply He loves us by the Cross.

Going green!
Martha

2 Response to "My girl, part three"

  1. Amie Says:

    Sooo true! I love His tenderness and faithfulness toward us!!

    Lately I've been reading "My Utmost for His Highest" by Oswald Chambers and have been digging into this statement He made on 'November 21st'...

    "The greatest note of triumph that ever sounded in the ears of a startled universe was that sounded on the Cross of Christ--'It is finished.'"

    Amazing.

  2. AnnaBellaLee Says:

    I love it Martha Lee! This was so encouraging! Thank you!

Post a Comment