Embracing the Oak Tree, pt. 2


If I went back to who I know God to be and the nature of His word, (For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return there without watering the earth and making it bear and sprout, and furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; So will My word be which goes forth from my mouth; It will not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it. You shall go out with joy and be led forth with peace. Isaiah 55:10-12 NASB), I realised that I must have the wrong perspective. God has actually planted an oak tree in my heart, that has different properties to the apple or the pear tree, but they are nothing less, and I haven’t got a bad deal. God hasn’t forgotten His word, or denied my desires or dreams, He IS fulfilling them, HIS way, in HIS time.


I am also so aware of “creating an Ishmael”, by snatching for myself what I want NOW, rather than waiting for the fulfilment of God’s promise. If I would only look to what He IS doing (rather than what I perceive I lack), and as I am thankful and choose to live in gratitude, joy and peace, I start to see more of His plan and purpose, and realise that my heart is more satisfied than I ever thought it could be. He really is the strength of my heart and my portion forever, and I can TOTALLY trust Him. Those who hope in Him will never be disappointed. I can CHOOSE to be happy. I can CHOOSE to thank Him, and I can CHOOSE whether I am going to walk in the realisation of my hopes and dreams, or wallow in self-pity or disappointment.


We are also called to “walk by Faith, not by sight” 2 Corinthians 5:7 NASB. I forget that sometimes and get frustrated or angry that I can’t see! But then I ask Him to give me the faith to keep walking, and He always does. I’m so excited for what God has for my life, and for yours, because we’re loved by an incredible God, who doesn’t settle for good – He gives us BEST.



Going green!

Catherine

1 Response to "Embracing the Oak Tree, pt. 2"

  1. Amie Says:

    AMEN! Catherine, thank you for sharing!!! The seed illustration you felt God give you is quite tangible to my understanding--and I've found to be true as well. Thanks for putting it into better words than I could have.

Post a Comment